The My Fastbraces Troy office will see some construction on nearby I-75 scheduled to start Friday, March 8th. This may affect travel time for those with appointments scheduled in the near future. We ask that you keep this in mind and make adjustments to your driving route to and from our Troy office.
Below, we’ve shared information detailing the overall project, as well as road closures and detours. In addition, there are links to maps for alternate routes.
The I-75 Modernization Project, introducing the first HOV lane in Michigan, has been accelerated. The original nine construction segments are now combined into three segments. Segment 1 is complete, with Segment 2 actively in progress. Updates on construction progress will be posted as they occur.
Improvements for Segment 2: North of 13 Mile to North of Coolidge Highway include the following activities:
• Reconstruction of freeway pavement, interchanges and bridges
• Addition of a lane in each direction by enclosing the median
• Drainage improvements
• Aesthetics and noise walls where they meet Federal/State criteria.
Two lanes will remain open on I-75 during construction.
ROAD CLOSURES & DETOURS
The start of the I-75 Segment Two work is scheduled to begin on Friday, March 8th (weather permitting). We expect the following ramp closures to facilitate the traffic switch needed for construction on Friday, and they will remain CLOSED for the duration of this construction season only:
• Southbound I-75 Entrance Ramp from Rochester Road
• Southbound I-75 Exit Ramp to Eastbound 14 Mile Road
• Southbound I-75 Entrance Ramp from Eastbound Big Beaver
• Southbound I-75 Entrance Ramp from Westbound Big Beaver
Alternate routes for the 2019 construction for each interchange can be found below.
• 14 Mile Road Interchange Part 1
• 14 Mile Road Interchange Part 2
• Rochester Road Interchange
• Big Beaver Interchange
• Corporate Drive (Crooks) Interchange